Just like physical health, we can all suffer from mental ill-health at different times of our lives. To be completely healthy we need to be both physically and mentally healthy however, we do not tend to know how to take care of our mental health like we do our physical health.
This adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) two-day course is designed to do just that, and what is more it will also give you the knowledge and confidence to support friends, family or colleagues who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
This (MHFA) two-day course is an internationally recognised course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue. You will learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone who may be struggling.
You will also learn how to encourage someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of mental ill health. In addition, you will gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle the stigma that can be associated with mental health.
On completion of the adult MHFA two-day course, you will be a competent and confident first aider with an increased understanding of mental health and mental illness, and a range of skills and tools you can use, both in the workplace and in everyday life.
This course is currently available online. Please see course listings below for available dates.
This blended learning course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
This is an online course delivered through the MHFA England Online Learning Hub.
Learning takes place through four live training sessions, spread across two weeks, with self-learning activities in between.
In house and face to face delivery is available on request, please contact us on 07860 518576 or use our contact form.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
£280+ VAT per delegate (MHFA England value this course at £300 per person)
Monday 28th June 9am – 11am
Tuesday 29th 9am – 11.30am
Wednesday 30th 9am – 11am
Thursday 1st July 9am – 11am
Monday 19th July 1pm – 3pm
Tuesday 20th July 1pm – 3.30pm
Wednesday 21st 1pm – 3pm
Thursday 22nd 1pm – 3pm
“Extremely engaging and interesting course, which has provided confidence to recognise signs and where to direct people as appropriate”
“Very engaging course. Enjoyed and very informative. Will help with self awareness and people around me in work and personal life”
“Very thought-proving. Excellent discussion, I feel a lot more confident to deal with a mental health issue”
“Great content and very well delivered in a secure environment”